Yukon Grant

The Yukon Grant is available for Yukon students who are taking full-time post-secondary classes at a designated institution.


To be eligible, you must:

  • be a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident;
  • be enrolled or registered as a full-time student at a designated institution; and
  • not be eligible to apply for student financial assistance from another jurisdiction outside of Yukon.

In addition, you must have met one of the following eligibility requirements:

  • completed 2 years of high school in the Yukon school system, and be resident in Yukon for the 2 years right before your classes start; or
  • if you are younger than 20, have been resident in Yukon continuously since the age of 14; or
  • in any other case, have been resident in Yukon from the age of 14 to the age of 18; and be resident in Yukon for the two years right before your classes start.


Students funded in 2015/16 who are not eligible under the new Student Financial Assistance Act may still be eligible to receive Yukon Grant funding for 2016/17.

* While you are in full-time studies, you are considered to be residing in Yukon.

Apply for Student Financial Assistance >>> 

Read our legislation and regulations >>>

Find answers to Frequently Asked Questions >>>

Contact - Student Financial Assistance

Advanced Education
Yukon Education

Box 2703, Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada Y1A 2C6

In person:
1000 Lewes Blvd, Whitehorse, Yukon

Phone: 867-667-5929 Fax: 867-667-8555
Toll free (In Yukon): 1-800-661-0408, local 5929

Yukon government directory >>>