Current employees

Review of pay qualifications

If you are a Yukon teacher and you have completed coursework, you may apply to the Teacher Qualification Board (TQB) to review your pay rate. The program must be accredited by a recognized accreditation body. Not all programs are recognized for purposes of pay categorization. Official transcripts are required.

If you are a Yukon teacher and have gained teaching experience elsewhere while on leave, you may apply to the TQB to review your experience level. You will need to submit a Verification of Teaching Experience Form . Additional information may be required.

Before enrolling in a program, you can find out in advance if it can qualify you for a higher pay rate. Send a written request to confirm that the program is recognized and acceptable. Include

  • the name of the university
  • the full name of the program
  • the area of specialization
  • program and course/project description
  • You may also provide a web address where this information is available.

For more information, please refer to the Teacher Qualification Regulations .

To request a review, see the contact information below. The TQB decisions are final.

Teacher qualification

Department of Education
1000 Lewes Boulevard
Whitehorse, Yukon
Canada Y1A 3H9

Phone: 867-456-5598
Toll Free (in Yukon): 1-800-661-0408, local 5598
Fax: 867-667-5435

Yukon government directory >>>