Businesses can apply for funding from Yukon Education to provide training and work-skills opportunities to current and potential employees. This page outlines funding opportunities.
Learn on this page about programs for employers, consisting of those funded under the
- Apply now for a Summer Career Placement job subsidy to provide job experience opportunities for students and youth. Application deadline for summer 2017 job subsidies is March 3, 2017.
- Apply for a STEP Job Subsidy to provide career-related work experience to a post-secondary student.
Are you looking for something else?
- To find, hire and retain the workers you need, visit the Job Bank.
- If you need help finding a job or getting ready to join the workforce, visit Training and Work.
- If you are looking for apprenticeship opportunities, visit Apprentices and Trades.
- If you are an organization looking for funding to provide labour market programs and services, visit Organizations.
This fund allows employers to identify their own training needs, including whom to train and what type of training they need.
- Employers are required to contribute a minimum of 1/3 of eligible training costs
- Businesses with fewer than 50 employees can claim wages or wage replacement for up to 50% of their required 1/3 contribution
- The maximum government contribution to a job grant is $10,000
- Private sector employers, selected Crown corporations and First Nation governments and councils are eligible beneficiaries
To learn how to apply for funding, visit Canada-Yukon Job Fund.
- Workplace Supports: This program funds employers/organizations requiring training or accommodations for pre-identified employees or future employees.
- Targeted Wage Subsidy: This program provides support to encourage employers to fill an existing position with eligible participants who would not normally be hired due to a lack of work experience.
To learn how to apply for funding, visit Disability Supports.